The COVID-19 pandemic has changed a lot of things to our daily lives, including dental appointments. Your health and safety is important to our office. As your dental provider, we have reviewed all of the expert guidance and research to make sure we’re taking every measure to keep our patients and staff safe.
Here’s what you can expect in our office:
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- To make sure patients are healthy, our team will send you a Covid-19 consent form, which asks you health-related questions before your scheduled visit.
- To limit the number of patients in the waiting room, you will be asked to wait outside the office or in your car until the team is ready for you.
- You will be asked to limit the number of people you bring with you or allow older children to go into the office without a parent.
- Additional cleaning and sanitation measures will be done after each patient leaves to prepare the space for you.
AT YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- The State of Massachusetts asks everyone to wear face masks in public. You’ll be asked to wear throughout the office and until you are seated by a staff member.
- The dental team will take your temperature and may repeat the health questions asked before your appointment.
- High-touch items like toys or magazines may be removed from the waiting room.
- The dental team may wear additional protective equipment, including face masks, plastic face shields, and surgical gowns.
- A high efficiency air purifier designed to remove small, irritating, and harmful particles from the air have been added to each operatory.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- If you start to experience symptoms of COVID-19 within 2 days of your appointment, call to alert the office staff so those who came into contact with you may be tested for the disease.
- Schedule your next appointment on your way out. Your oral health is connected to your overall health, so one of the many ways you can stay healthy during these times is to keep up with regular dental care. We are here for you.